Summer is the time for all things outdoors from hiking to cookouts to late summer nights around the campfire. Unfortunately, summer is also a time for fleas. Fleas are especially problematic if you have pets that run around the yard and then come inside. Fleas have a way of making their way into your home via the family pet and it seems as if a flea infestation can appear overnight. That is why it is extremely important to have your house and yard sprayed by a professional exterminator.
A Summer Flea Invasion
Fleas feed on the blood of its host. A host can be anything from domestic animals, wildlife and occasionally humans. The flea eggs that are laid on pets are easily distributed throughout the home as the pet scratches to relieve the itching from bites.
What should you do if you think you have a flea invasion? Due to the life cycle of fleas, they are not easily controlled by over the counter products.
- Call Terminator Termite Pest Control to get them over to your house as soon as possible.
- Treat your pet with a preventative flea control and maintain according to recommended dosage directions.
- Vacuum floors, area rugs and furniture daily making sure to vacuum under and around furniture. Regular vacuuming lowers the number of fleas and their eggs from carpeting, cracks in wood floors and on curtains and upholstered furniture. Immediately after each vacuuming, empty the contents into a garbage can outside the home.
- Wash and dry human and pet bedding on the hottest setting allowable. Terminator Termite Pest Control recommends washing pet bedding once a week on the hottest cycle possible.
- When the exterminator arrives, be sure to direct him or her to your pet’s favorite areas that tend to harbor flea eggs.
Whether you already have a flea invasion or want to prevent one, Terminator Termite & Pest Control is your answer. They pay close attention to detail and the products they use to assure they are not only effective but also safe for you and your pets.